Explore & Experience
Come explore over 800,000 gallons of one of the best aquariums and animal habitats in the country at the Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center. Experience our hands-on exhibits, nature path, and marshlands.
Between late September 2016 and early fall 2017, the Chesapeake Bay Exhibit will be closed for renovations. A smaller touch pool will be available during this time.
The Aquarium is open daily 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Aquarium & 3D Theater are closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
The Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center is full of life experiences awaiting your discovery.
Experience Nature From New Heights
The Adventure Park at Virginia Aquarium — an eco-friendly zip line and aerial adventure experience in the trees above the scenic Owls Creek. Kids, teens and adults can all enjoy The Adventure Park and it's perfect for families or groups too. Up in the trees of the Owls Creek Path you will see wooden platforms at different heights. They are connected either by zip lines that climbers "zip" across or fun challenge bridges that climbers navigate in order to get from one platform to the next. Learn more »
The Adventure Park Information
Adventure Park Winter Hours
November 28 – December 15
- Monday, November 28 – Wednesday, November 30: closed, limited availability for group climbing
- Thursday, December 1 – Sunday, December 4: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Monday, December 5 - Thursday, December 8: closed, limited availability for group climbing
- Friday, December 9 – Sunday, December 11: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Monday, December 12 – Thursday, December 15: closed, limited availability for group climbing
December 16 – January 2: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. daily, except for holidays
- Saturday, December 24: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Sunday, December 25: closed
- Saturday, December 31: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Sunday, January 1: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
January 3 & Feb 28: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. Friday - Sunday
- Also open on VBCPS School holidays
Adventure Park General Admission Prices
- Ages 12+: $52
- Ages 7 – 11: $44
- Ages 5 & 6: One free with paying adult [18+]
Ticket prices are based on the number of trails that are available for each age group. All ticket prices include a Virginia Beach amusement tax and fees.
Galapagos 3D: Nature’s Wonderland
In the vastness of the Pacific Ocean, there is a paradise unlike any other: the Galapagos. Amongst t… Learn More
Watch Santa dive with resident sea life like zebra sharks and spotted eagle rays at the Red Sea Aqua… Learn More
National Geographic’s Extreme Weather 3D
Get closer than you've ever been to collapsing glaciers, out-of-control wildfires, and tornado-w… Learn More
Big Screen Saturdays: Elf
After inadvertently wreaking havoc on the elf community due to his ungainly size, a man raised as an… Learn More
Sundays with Santa
Join Santa and his elves for festivities and fun activities.
Watch Santa dive with resident sea life like zebra sharks and spotted eagle rays at the Red Sea Aquarium.
Member Exclusive: Polar Express
Be sure to check out the *Member Exclusive* free screening of Polar Express 3D in the National Geogr…