The Aquarium is open daily 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Over 800,000 gallons of fun await you! To make the most of your self-guided Aquarium tour, be sure to visit both buildings as well as the Owls Creek Path that connects them.
Admission sales and parking are available at both buildings. Your ticket and hand stamp are good all day at both buildings. Parking is available to the north of the Aquarium on the west side of General Booth as well as on east side of General Booth Blvd. across from the Bay & Ocean Pavilion. There is also handicapped parking at two of the parking lots and both buildings are entirely handicapped accessible.
The Aquarium and National Geographic 3D Theater are closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
|AQUARIUM & MOVIE||$28||$21||$26|
|Discounts available: Member, Military; Add a boat trip to aquarium admission.|
October is Senior Discount Month and we’re offering special discounts Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm!
- Seniors (62+) get 50% off general admission to the Aquarium.
- Get an additional 10% off Aquarium Stores purchases for a total of 20% off your purchase.
- Show your valid senior ticket to get 10% off your purchase at the Aquarium Café, Theater Snack Stand or Otter Snack Bar.
- Use code SR10 for 30% off when booking your 3-hour general admission climb at the Adventure Park.
You may purchase tickets by simply visiting the Aquarium.
- Children under 3 are free. Guests 12 and older are considered adults.
- The Virginia Aquarium offers a $2 off Aquarium admission to active duty and retired military personnel and their dependent family members with valid military ID. Discounted tickets for the whole family are available at most MWR offices.
- Manual wheelchairs are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Group Tickets and School Visits
For ticket information for groups of 15 or more, please call the Guest Services Office at (757) 385-FISH (3474), Sunday–Saturday, between 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Reservations must be made 24 hours in advance to receive group rate. Visit our Group Tours and Pricing page for more information.