Are you WILD about animals? The Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center is wild about animals, too!
You can help the Virginia Aquarium protect animals and the environment by saving your coins and donating them to the Aquarium.
The Virginia Aquarium is focused on conservation: protecting animals and the environment. The Virginia Aquarium focuses on conservation by:
- Educating visitors about animals and the environment
- Providing amazing exhibits, including more than 10,000 animals
- Conducting research and responding to stranded marine mammals and sea turtles, rehabilitating and releasing many animals each year.
You can get started saving your coins for the Virginia Aquarium Coins for Conservation program today!
- Make a bank to collect coins. Be creative as you reuse! You can use an empty box, like a cereal box. You could also make a box by folding scrap paper, or use a clean, empty juice bottle. You could even use an old shoe!
- Decorate your bank. Add whatever decorations make you happy. You might add pictures of animals, or a drawing of your favorite outdoor space, like the beach or the park.
- Start saving your coins. Every penny counts, and those pennies add up quickly!
- Track your money as you put it into your bank. Pick up your Register at Beach Municipal Federal Credit Union (4164 Virginia Beach Boulevard, Virginia Beach, VA 23452 – or – 2476 Nimmo Parkway, Suite 122, Virginia Beach, VA 23456), complete the contact information on the front of the Register, and start tracking the coins that you add to your bank.
- Share your coins with the Virginia Aquarium by delivering them to our Coins for Conservation partner, Beach Municipal Federal Credit Union, along with your completed Registration. You can find out exactly how much money you saved for the Aquarium, and you can get a prize!
Prizes will be awarded to the Top Saver in each of the following age groups:
- 5 years-old and younger
- 6 to 9 years-old
- 10 years-old and up
Save your coins from November 2015 until May 31, 2016.
Deliver your coins and your register to Beach Municipal Federal Credit Union by May 31, 2016. Beach Municipal Federal Credit Union will count your coins and tell you how much you are donating to the Virginia Aquarium!
The Top Saver in each age group will win:
- Two Virginia Aquarium admission passes
- Beach Municipal Federal Credit Union Prize Pack
- Small plush sea turtle
- Name listed on Virginia Aquarium website
One SUPER SAVER Grand Prize will be awarded in June 2016 to the top overall saver, regardless of age group.
The SUPER SAVER Grand Prize includes:
- Virginia Aquarium Crab Membership
- Behind the scenes sea turtles experience for four
- Help returning a rehabilitated sea turtle to the ocean
- Naming a baby sea turtle on exhibit
- Movie tickets & Busch Gardens tickets, and more!
Donations to the Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center Foundation (EIN: 52-1272309) are tax-deductible as allowed by law. Donations to the Virginia Aquarium Foundation support Aquarium education programs, exhibits including live animal exhibits, and the Virginia Aquarium Stranding Response Program. The mission of the Virginia Aquarium is to promote conservation of the marine environment through education, research, and sustainable practices.
Participants of this program DO NOT have to be members of the Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center or Beach Municipal Federal Credit Union. Participants must be under the age of 18 and have parent permission. By participating in this program you grant Virginia Aquarium & Beach Municipal FCU the right to use your name in the promotion of this program. Chances to win vary depending on the number of participants. All change collected is considered a donation to the Virginia Aquarium Foundation and is tax deductible by law EIN: 52-1272309. Donations support the mission of the Virginia Aquarium and are directed to the Virginia Aquarium Annual Fund, which supports the Virginia Aquarium Stranding Response Program, Exhibits Upgrades, and Education Programs, each supporting the mission of the Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center.
For more information about the Coins for Conservation program please email AStrickla@VirginiaAquarium.com or call (757) 385-0262.
Thank you to our sponsor!