Volunteer provides fun, engaging and educational experiences for Aquarium guests while sharing information about the animals in the Chesapeake Bay Aquarium and Rays touch pools.
- Present accurate information to visitors regarding exhibits.
- Engage guests in conversations to ensure they have a memorable and positive visit to the Aquarium.
- Participate in educational opportunities offered by the Aquarium.
- Must be at least 14 years old and have an interest in the marine environment
- Able to take direction, work within a team and independently
- Must have good communication skills, enjoy interacting with the public and comfortable speaking before groups of people.
- Must have the ability to stand for an extended period of time.
- Must be reliable and punctual
Minimum Commitment: This position requires a minimum of one 3½ hour shift a week. Volunteer must be available at least nine weeks between June and August. This is a summer position with the option to volunteer during the school year.
A Touch Pool Exhibit Guide application packet must include the following:
- Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center youth application form. Click here for application.
- The application form must be typed or printed legibly with blue or black ink; no pencil.
- The completed application must be signed by a parent or guardian.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Since interview details are communicated via email, a valid email address is required.