Getting to the Virginia Aquarium
The Virginia Aquarium is located in Virginia Beach, VA, just one mile south of the resort area.
- From Interstate 64, take I-264 East towards the Virginia Beach Oceanfront, exiting on the Birdneck Road exit (exit number 22).
- Bear right off the exit ramp, merging with Birdneck Rd.
- Continue south until you reach General Booth Blvd.
- Turn left onto General Booth Blvd.
- The Marsh Pavilion is approximately 1/2 mile on the left and the Bay & Ocean Pavilion is 1/2 mile further north on the left. You can start your adventure at either building!
Click here for door to door driving information.
Trolley Service (Summer Only)
Guests can catch a trolley to the Aquarium wherever they see a VB Wave sign. Trolleys make stops at the Bay & Ocean Pavilion and Marsh Pavilion every 15 minutes between the hours of 8 a.m. and 9 p.m. daily. Fees apply.
Hampton Roads Transit
Guests can ride the HRT to the Bay & Ocean Pavilion or the Marsh Pavilion from anywhere in Hampton Roads. Buses can be boarded wherever there is an HRT sign. Bus service at the Aquarium can be found outside the entrances to the Bay & Ocean Pavilion or the Marsh Pavilion where HRT signs are located. Fees apply. Visit the Hampton Roads Transit website to learn more about HRT routes and times, or call (757) 222-6100 for more assistance.