Maps, Directions, and Parking
Getting to the Virginia Aquarium
The Virginia Aquarium is located in Virginia Beach, VA, just one mile south of the resort area.
- From Interstate 64, take I-264 East towards the Virginia Beach Oceanfront, exiting on the Birdneck Road exit (Exit Number 22).
- Bear right off the exit ramp, merging with Birdneck Rd.
- Continue South until you reach General Booth Blvd.
- Turn left onto General Booth Blvd.
- The Marsh Pavilion is approximately 1/2 mile on your left and the Bay & Ocean Pavilion is 1/2 mile further north. You may start your adventure at either building.
For door to door driving information visit MapQuest.
Download a map of the Aquarium here.
Free parking is available in the Aquarium's three lots: next to the Bay & Ocean Pavilion on General Booth Blvd; across General Booth Blvd. in the East lot; and at the Marsh Pavilion just south of the Bay & Ocean Pavilion near Ocean Breeze Water Park. You may park at any of the lots and begin your visit in either building, which are connected by the nature trail.
Guests can catch a trolley to the Aquarium, during summer operations, wherever they see a VB Wave sign. Trolleys regularly make stops at the Bay & Ocean Pavilion and Marsh Pavilion. Trolley schedules and stops are subject to change.
Hampton Roads Transit
Guests can ride the HRT to the Bay & Ocean Pavilion or the Marsh Pavilion from anywhere in Hampton Roads. Buses can be boarded wherever there is a HRT sign.
Bus service at the Aquarium can be found outside the entrances to the Bay and Ocean Pavilion or the Marsh Pavilion where HRT signs are located.
Visit the Hampton Roads Transit website to learn more about HRT routes and times, or call (757) 222-6100 for more assistance.
To Learn More
Visit www.vbfun.com to find more information on the Virginia Beach area.