Let the Virginia Aquarium help you enhance your science curriculum. Whether you choose a self-guided visit, a 3D film, or one of our standards-based programs, we can help you bring science to life for your students.
To make reservations for your class or school to visit the Aquarium, please contact:
For more information on program content, or for assistance in making the most of your school group visit, please contact:
School Group Admission Rates
Aquarium and National Geographic 3D Theater
|Student||Required Chaperone||Extra Chaperone|
|Aquarium only*||$8.00||No charge||$10.00|
|3D Film only*||$6.00||No charge||$7.00|
* Aquarium memberships or other discounts may not be used in conjunction with group rates. These rates do not apply to full-length films. Refer to program descriptions for additional program fees. Aquarium memberships and other discounts may not be used in conjunction with group rates.
Planning your Day
Let us help you make the most of your visit to Virginia Aquarium.
Teachers Often Ask
Here are the answers to some commonly asked questions.
On-site Meal Options
Click here to see menu options for your students from our on-site caterers.
On Your Own Worksheets
You may copy these worksheets for your students to use during their Aquarium visit. Each link provides a student copy, teacher copy and teacher instructions on how to use the worksheets.
- On Your Own - Fish Observation
- On Your Own - Food Chains of the Marsh
- On Your Own - Habitats and Adaptations
- On Your Own - Classification (Elementary)
- On Your Own - Classification (Upper)
- On Your Own - Restless Planet (Elementary)
- On Your Own - Restless Planet (Upper)
- On Your Own - Life in the Bay & Creek (Upper)
Please click below to find out about the onsite programs we offer for your grade level.
Get your students outdoors to explore the wonders of the Chesapeake Bay and Virginia's ocean waters.