Let the Virginia Aquarium help you enhance your science curriculum. Whether you choose a self-guided visit, a 3D film, or one of our standards-based programs, we can help you bring science to life for your students.
To make reservations for your class or school to visit the Aquarium, please contact:
For more information on program content, or for assistance in making the most of your school group visit, please contact:
School Group Admission Rates
Aquarium and National Geographic 3D Theater
|Student||Required Chaperone||Extra Chaperone|
|Aquarium only*||$10.00||No charge||$16.00|
|National Geographic 3D Theater Only*||$5.00||No charge||$6.00|
|Both Aquarium & National Geographic 3D Theater*||$15.00||No charge||$22.00|
* Aquarium memberships or other discounts may not be used in conjunction with group rates. These rates do not apply to full-length films. Refer to program descriptions for additional program fees.
Planning your Day
Let us help you make the most of your visit to Virginia Aquarium.
Teachers Often Ask
Here are the answers to some commonly asked questions.
Educational Resource Guide
The Educational Resource Guide (ERG) contains descriptions of all the programs available for schools.
Teachers seeking funding for their group may apply for assistance through the Aquarium's Access Aquarium Grant program. This program, which is supported by donations, has limited funds to assist with Aquarium admission for high-needs schools and United Way designated non-profit organizations that work with underserved or special needs groups. Also inquire with the administrative staff at your school about PTA funding and other grant opportunities.
On-site Meal Options
Click here to see menu options for your students from our on-site caterers.
On Your Own Worksheets
You may copy these worksheets for your students to use during their Aquarium visit. Each link provides a student copy, teacher copy and teacher instructions on how to use the worksheets.
- On Your Own - Fish Observation
- On Your Own - Food Chains of the Marsh
- On Your Own - Habitats and Adaptations
- On Your Own - Classification (Elementary)
- On Your Own - Classification (Upper)
- On Your Own - Restless Planet (Elementary)
- On Your Own - Restless Planet (Upper)
- On Your Own - Life in the Bay & Creek (Upper)
Please click below to find out about the onsite programs we offer for your grade level.
Get your students outdoors to explore the wonders of the Chesapeake Bay and Virginia's ocean waters.