Each month, more than 800 dedicated volunteers - ranging in age from 11 to 93 - unselfishly offer their time and talents. In return, volunteers are given the opportunity to learn and have fun sharing their enthusiasm for Virginia's marine environment with others. Volunteers are required to attend introductory classes and continuing education workshops.
Virginia Aquarium Volunteer Opportunities
Youth Volunteer Application Deadline is Thursday, February 28, 2013; 3PM.
- Aquarium Stores
- Visitor Services
- Flower Guild
- Science Exhibits
- Stranding Response Team (Special Requirements)
- Docent (Exhibit Gallery Interpreter)
- Volunteer Diver* (Additional Special Requirements)
- Aquarium Husbandry Volunteer
- Dolphin/Whale Watch Assistant
- Bird Care
- Mammal Care (Not recruiting for Mammal Care assistants at this time)
* must be a certified and experienced diver
To receive more information about becoming a volunteer, please call the Aquarium’s Volunteer Services office at (757) 385-0274, Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Download the Adult Volunteer Application.pdf
Download the Youth Volunteer Application.pdf