Mentoring Young Scientists
A Science Enrichment Program for Middle
We’re looking for 6th,
7th, and 8th graders with a passion for science and
nature to join the Mentoring Young
Scientists program at the Virginia Aquarium.
- Explore the marine environment through boat
excursions, beach walks, and seining trips.
- Conduct experiments and observational studies
and learn about scientific research from local scientists.
- Participate in recycling and shoreline clean-up
- Share what you learn with Aquarium visitors.
- Keep a photo journal of the year’s adventures.
Twenty students will be
selected for the 2013-2014 MYS team through an application and interview
process that starts with an Information Session on Friday, Sept 13, 2013 at 5:30 p.m.
To learn more about the MYS program, contact Jovonne Vrechek at
757-385-0331 or JVrechek@VirginiaAquarium.com.
Thank you to our sponsor